As smartwatches like the Apple Watch take flight, finding a watch battery that can keep up with the continual use can be extremely difficult. Currently most smartwatches have batteries that are too small to hold a full day charge, but thanks to LG Chem's new hexagonal battery keeping your smartwatch's low battery will be a problem of the past.
The LG Chem is LG's research division that specializes in battery functionality. Turning to the inefficiency of smartwatch batteries, LG Chem noticed that many wearable tech batteries made poor use of the product's space. Since the timepiece's face is often circular or a larger square, having a tiny rectangular-sized battery leads most of the space around the battery to go unused. LG Chem instead designed a hexagonal battery that better uses the space underneath the watch face and, according to LG, can improve a smartwatch's charge by 25%.
Many outside brands are adding continual iterations to new, mainstream tech products to ensure the quality of customer experience is instantly heightened if an crowd-sourced inefficiency is encountered.
The LG Chem Smartwatch Battery Will Instantly Increase Charge Length
1. Smartwatch Battery Efficiency - Improving smartwatch battery technology by better utilizing the space underneath the watch face with hexagonal batteries from LG Chem is a disruptive innovation opportunity.
2. Extended Charge Length - Creating batteries that increase a smartwatch's charge by 25% like the hexagonal batteries from LG Chem is a disruptive innovation opportunity.
3. Wearable Tech Battery Optimization - Optimizing wearable tech battery space to improve battery performance and efficiency with hexagonal batteries, as demonstrated by LG Chem, is a disruptive innovation opportunity.
1. Wearable Technology - The wearable technology industry can benefit from using hexagonal batteries to improve battery performance and extend the charge of smartwatches significantly.
2. Smartwatch Manufacturing - Manufacturers of smartwatches can improve the quality of their products by adopting hexagonal battery technology to increase battery life for their customers.
3. Battery Research and Development - The battery research and development industry can focus on creating innovative hexagonal battery designs to improve the performance and efficiency of batteries for wearable technology and other products.