There is a raw beauty to the Walnut Photo Prism that negates its polished and stained surface. Each piece has been expertly cut, sanded and finished into a rock-like shape that is nothing like the original state the piece of wood arrived in, but the Walnut Photo Prism holds onto its roots with an organic, natural design.
Handmade by Ilona Fiddy of In Love With Excellence, a Toronto-based multidisciplinary artist and designer, each Walnut Photo Prism is one-of-a-kind. Crafted out of re-purposed or salvaged wood and treated with natural linseed, coconut oils and beeswax, it boasts strategic slots that can hold pictures or even business cards. The Walnut Photo Prism is both sculptural and functional.
The Walnut Photo Prism is Sculptural and Functional
1. Reclaimed Materials - The use of re-purposed or salvaged wood in the Walnut Photo Prism highlights the trend of utilizing reclaimed materials.
2. Organic Design - The natural and rock-like shape of the Walnut Photo Prism reflects the trend towards organic design in home decor and accessories.
3. Multifunctional Products - The strategic slots in the Walnut Photo Prism that can hold pictures or business cards exemplify the trend of creating multifunctional products.
1. Artisanal Crafts - The handmade nature of the Walnut Photo Prism by Ilona Fiddy taps into the growing demand for artisanal crafts.
2. Interior Design - The organic and sculptural design of the Walnut Photo Prism aligns with the needs of the interior design industry seeking unique decor pieces.
3. Stationery and Office Supplies - The Walnut Photo Prism's ability to hold business cards caters to the stationery and office supplies industry, providing a stylish and functional solution.