The VR shopping experience is steadily being implemented in the retail environment. Italian furniture brand Natuzzi is the latest company to attempt to use virtual reality to elevate its interaction with the consumer.
The VR retail feature is introduced to Natuzzi's showroom on Madison Avenue in New York City. It is part of what the brand has entitled 'Augmented Store' and the activation relies heavily on customization, which makes it quite useful in the world of interior design.
Through the VR shopping feature, visitors to the store are able to envision their own home and decorate it with products from the Natuzzi brand. The entire experience is dependent on the HoloLens 2 headset which is provided by Microsoft.
Natuzzi Supplements Its Showroom with a High Tech Retail Experience
1. VR Shopping - The implementation of virtual reality in the retail environment offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to enhance customer interaction and engagement.
2. Customization - The trend of customization in virtual reality shopping experiences opens up opportunities for businesses to offer personalized products and tailor-made experiences.
3. Augmented Store - The concept of an augmented store where virtual reality is integrated into physical showrooms presents an innovative opportunity for businesses to create immersive and interactive retail environments.
1. Furniture - The furniture industry can leverage VR shopping to provide customers with a virtual showroom experience, allowing them to visualize and customize furniture in their own homes.
2. Interior Design - The use of VR shopping in interior design offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for professionals to showcase their designs and collaborate with clients in a virtual environment.
3. Technology - The integration of virtual reality technology in retail spaces opens up possibilities for technology companies to develop and provide VR hardware and software solutions.