Men’s fashion magazine Vman celebrates the male physique in its Spring 2009 issue with a sensual editorial entitled ‘True to Form’ by photographer Willy Vanderperre.
Evoking vintage male pin-up spreads, the editorial features models Nils Butler, Bastiaan Ninaber, Alex Loomans, and Tristan Knight striking poses that showcase the beauty of the male body.
Implications - The woman has been seen as a sexual object for centuries, with the power woman of today dictating against that image. Women are becoming increasingly independent, and are embracing their status as sexual beings that enjoy pleasure. Thus, men are becoming the sexual objects, with women seeking a little lusty thrill similar to what a man has enjoyed for decades.
Vman Remains 'True to Form' in Celebrating Masculinity
1. Male Physique Celebrations - Opportunity for brands to embrace and cater to the growing demand for male physique celebrations in fashion and media.
2. Sensual Masculinity - Potential for businesses to explore the concept of sensual masculinity in marketing campaigns and lifestyle products.
3. Shift in Gender Roles - Disruptive innovation opportunity to challenge traditional gender roles and stereotypes in advertising and media.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can introduce body-positive campaigns and inclusive designs to embrace the celebration of the male physique.
2. Media and Entertainment - Media companies can create content that highlights the beauty of the male body, appealing to a growing audience seeking diverse representation.
3. Cosmetics and Grooming - Opportunity for brands in the cosmetics and grooming industry to expand their product offerings tailored specifically to the needs of men seeking to enhance their physique.