Renowned television producer Mark Burnett is teaming up with Sir Richard Branson for a reality TV series that will bring its winners aboard the Virgin Galactic spaceship.
The notion of space travel is a fantastic one, but a lot of people know that it will not likely happen in their lifetime. 'Space Race' will be broadcast by NBC and as Branson describes it, help to "democratize space, eventually making commercial space travel affordable and accessible to all."
The show will follow the premise of the incredibly successful 'Amazing Race,' with eliminations and a departure point tat begins at Spaceport America in New Mexico, which is a training and preparation center for space flights. Although a lot of reality shows offer thousands of dollars in prizes, winning 'Space Race' is definitely a one-of-a-kind prize.
This TV Series Winner Will Ride the Virgin Galactic Spaceship
1. Space Tourism - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity to create affordable and accessible commercial space travel for all through reality TV shows like 'Space Race.'
2. Reality TV Innovation - Creating unique TV series like 'Space Race' that offer once-in-a-lifetime experiences as prizes opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the reality TV industry.
3. Training and Preparation Centers - The success of 'Space Race' highlights the potential for disruptive innovation in training and preparation centers for space flights, like Spaceport America in New Mexico.
1. Space Tourism - The 'Space Race' TV series showcases potential disruptive innovation opportunities in the space tourism industry.
2. Television Production - Teaming up with space tourism companies to produce reality TV shows like 'Space Race' presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the television production industry.
3. Space Training and Preparation - The demand for training and preparation centers, like Spaceport America in New Mexico, is expected to increase due to the potential disruptive innovation in the space tourism industry showcased by 'Space Race.'