Sometimes it's easy to forget that even the simplest tasks are made extremely hard for those who are impaired in various ways, so Virgile Thevoz's measuring jug for the blind is a great design.
In order to measure the proper amounts for liquid ingredients in recipes, Virgile Thevoz's measuring jug makes use of a "Braille graduated ruler rises to keep check on the quantity," according to The Design Blog. This ensures that those who are visually impaired can still cook delicious meals.
Virgile Thevoz Designs a Liquid Measuring Tool for the Blind
1. Inclusive Design Solutions - Designing for people with different abilities and impairments is an opportunity for brands to create new and innovative products that serve a wider audience.
2. Assistive Technology Products - There is a growing demand for products that help people with disabilities or impairments to perform everyday tasks, providing opportunities for innovative assistive technology solutions.
3. Accessible Kitchenware - Creating kitchen tools that can be used by everyone, regardless of physical ability or impairment, is an opportunity for designers to create inclusive and accessible products.
1. Home Goods - Designing inclusive and accessible products for the home, such as kitchenware and measuring tools, presents opportunities for innovation in the home goods industry.
2. Assistive Technology - The development of new assistive technology products, such as the braille measuring jug, presents opportunities for growth and innovation in the assistive tech industry.
3. Food and Beverage - Creating inclusive kitchen tools and cookware not only provides opportunities for innovation in the food and beverage industry but also for social impact and inclusion initiatives.