At most pizza parlors, vegetarians are often limited to eating the one pizza on the menu that happens to be made with just vegetables, rather than being overwhelmed with their choice of vegetarian pizzas. In collaboration with meat substitute product producer Quorn, Shakey's is now serving two meatless pizzas at its 177 locations across the Philippines.
The Quorn pizzas come in flavors such as 'Protein Surprise,' which includes imitation pepperoni slices and 'Cheesy Chick'N,' which includes a different type of mock meat. For the making of its vegetarian meat alternatives, Quorn uses the mushroom derivative "mycoprotein" to create soy-free meat substitutes.
These new vegetarian pizzas satisfy a growing demand for healthier food options that also taste good.
Shakey's and Quorn Created Two Vegetarian Pizzas with Fake Meat
1. Meatless Pizza Trend - More pizza companies are expected to introduce meatless pizza options to their menu offerings.
2. Meat Substitute Trend - There is a growing demand for meat substitutes as consumers seek healthier food options.
3. Collaborative Food Trend - More food companies are expected to collaborate with meat substitute product producers to create innovative vegetarian options for their menus.
1. Fast Food Industry - Fast food chains are expected to introduce meatless options to cater to the growing number of people who opt for a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle.
2. Meat Substitute Industry - The demand for meat substitutes is expected to increase and companies such as Quorn are likely to experience growth in the coming years.
3. Pizza Industry - Pizza companies are expected to collaborate with meat substitute product producers such as Quorn to create innovative menu offerings that cater to a wider range of dietary restrictions and preferences.