In an effort to cater to the growing number of consumers looking for meat-free dishes, El Pollo Loco has just debuted a new Vegan Chickenless Taco and the new Vegan Chickenless Pollo Burrito.
While many fast food and fast casual chains have been rolling out meat-free offerings, most are made with plant-based faux meats such as Beyond Meat patties. For those who want something a little different, El Pollo Loco has debuted vegan-friendly versions of its popular Chickenless Pollo, which blends Mexican flavors in an adobo sauce with an egg-free, non-GMO soy protein base. With the new 'Make it Vegan' option, customers get a Chickenless Pollo Burrito or Chickenless Taco made with Chickenless Pollo, but without the Creamy Cilantro Dressing.
Both the Vegan Chickenless Pollo Taco and the Vegan Chickenless Pollo Burrito are available now at participating location nationwide.
Image Credit: El Pollo Loco
El Pollo Loco Just Debuted a Vegan Chickenless Pollo Burrito
1. Plant-based Fast Food - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing meatless options that go beyond traditional plant-based faux meats.
2. Mexican Flavored Vegan Food - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating innovative Mexican-inspired vegan dishes with unique flavors.
3. Customizable Vegan Menus - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offering 'Make it Vegan' options to expand choices for vegan customers in fast food and fast casual chains.
1. Fast Food - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating vegan-friendly options to cater to the growing demand for meat-free dishes.
2. Plant-based Food - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing new plant-based options using non-GMO soy protein base.
3. Mexican Food Chains - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing vegan versions of popular Mexican dishes to appeal to vegan customers.