This vegan breakfast is a protein-packed recipe for overnight oats. In addition to rolled oats, the Free People recipe calls for unsweetened coconut milk, strawberries, bananas, chia seeds and hemp powder. The mixture goes into a mason jar for an added esthetic element.
After combining the ingredients in the jar, it is left overnight in the fridge so you have a delicious and healthy vegan breakfast ready for you in the morning.
For a vegetarian take with even more of a protein punch, you can add vanilla greek yogurt (or regular vanilla yogurt if you prefer). The hemp powder is what gives the overnight oats the added protein in the vegan version. You could also customize by adding different fruits.
This Vegan Breakfast Recipe Incorporates Coconut Milk and Hemp Powder
1. Plant-based Breakfast Options - The rise of plant-based diets and interest in health-conscious eating is leading to increased demand for plant-based breakfast options beyond traditional breakfast foods, creating a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to create innovative, protein-packed breakfast options.
2. Sustainable Packaging - With consumers becoming more aware of environmental issues, sustainable packaging for on-the-go breakfast options like overnight oats presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies looking to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
3. Functional Ingredients - The growing interest in functional ingredients in food and beverage products presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to use ingredients like hemp powder to offer additional health benefits in convenient and customizable breakfast options like overnight oats.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can capitalize on this trend by offering a wider variety of plant-based breakfast options and functional ingredients, as well as exploring sustainable packaging options for on-the-go breakfast.
2. Packaging - The packaging industry can capitalize on this trend by exploring sustainable packaging solutions that cater to on-the-go breakfast options like overnight oats.
3. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can capitalize on this trend by promoting the use of functional ingredients in breakfast options and plant-based diets to appeal to health-conscious consumers.