David Gandy will undoubtedly become the object of your affection after flipping through the 'Ese Objeto De Deseo' editorial in Vanity Fair Spain's May 2014 issue.
The Britain-born model is the epitome of the "tall, dark and handsome" archetype that romance novel protagonists are made of. The lucky lady cast alongside him is Charlotte Pallister, who I'm sure many of you wouldn't mind trading places with.
Although I'm sure these two beautiful people were completely professional, they sure know how to fake it. The chemistry between Pallister and Gandy in these images is palpable. In fact, if you weren't already aware there was an entire behind-the-scenes crew -- including fashion editor Carla Aguilar and photographer Mariano Vivanco -- present, you would think you were glimpsing the intimate shots of a real-life couple, adding a voyeuristic appeal to the editorial.
David Gandy is a Tall Drink of Water for Vanity Fair Spain May 2014
1. Romance Novel Archetype - Opportunity to disrupt the romance novel genre by featuring diverse models and expanding the definition of 'tall, dark, and handsome'.
2. Fake Intimacy - Opportunity to create authentic and relatable images by showcasing real couples in fashion editorials.
3. Voyeuristic Appeal - Opportunity to create immersive and interactive fashion editorials that provide a behind-the-scenes look into the lives of models and photographers.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to redefine beauty standards and challenge traditional notions of romance in their marketing.
2. Publishing - Opportunity for publishers to create more diverse and inclusive romance novels that resonate with a wider audience.
3. Photography - Opportunity for photographers to experiment with storytelling techniques and capture authentic moments in fashion editorials.