Tunisian model Hanaa Ben Abdesslem stars in a powerful 80s-inspired editorial that channels a retro workout goddess for the V Magazine 76 Spring 2012 issue. Sticking with the sports issue theme, the shoot focuses on active wear, featuring headbands straight out of the 80s and the freshest high-endurance fashions. The 'What a Feeling!' shoot is titled after the theme song from the 1983 film Flashdance, so there is a dancer element to the looks.
Hanaa was shot for V Magazine by photographer Benjamin Alexander Huseby, with fashion by stylist Jay Massacret. Hanaa Ben Abdesslem was announced in January 2012 as the new face of Lancome, making her the first Muslim face of the brand.
The V Magazine 76 issue features Jennifer Lopez on the cover in a boxing-themed shoot.
Hanaa Ben Abdesslem Channels Flashdance in V Magazine 76
1. Retro Workout Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion designers to create updated versions of 80s workout wear that combines technology with retro style.
2. Celebrity-inspired Editorial Shoots - There is an opportunity for magazines to create editorial shoots that channel the iconic fashion of retro movies and TV shows with well-known celebrities as models to attract readers.
3. Nostalgic Music-inspired Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion designers to create clothing lines that are inspired by popular songs from past decades to appeal to consumers' sense of nostalgia.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can create updated versions of 80s workout wear that combines technology with retro style for fitness enthusiasts who want fashionable, comfortable clothing for their workout.
2. Magazine Publishing - Magazines can attract readers by creating editorial shoots that channel the iconic fashion of retro movies and TV shows with well-known celebrities as models.
3. Music Fashion Apparel - Apparel manufacturers and designers could tap into the opportunity to create clothing lines inspired by the most popular songs from past decades to capture the fashion trends of yesteryear.