At first glance, the Urban Philosophy Chair looks like a two dimensional drawing. It boasts a clever black line border that gives it this fun illusion. In reality, however, the Urban Philosophy Chair is a functional piece of furniture that is simply made using a transparent polycarbonate base that tricks people into believing otherwise.
Created by Kazakhstan-based studio NN Design Band, the Urban Philosophy Chair is available in two sizes, one of which could even be utilized as a standing desk if one so desired to use it as such. Great for contemporary homes, the design brings an artistic element that is at once surprising and delightful. It shows how furniture is moving into the realm of art in an effort for people to show their personalities in interesting ways.
The Urban Philosophy Chair by NN Design Band Looks Like a Sketch
1. Minimalist Furniture - The growing demand for minimalist furniture designs creates opportunities for manufacturers to explore the use of unconventional materials, such as transparent polycarbonate used for the Urban Philosophy Chair.
2. Artistic Furniture - The merging of furniture and art is a trend that opens up an entirely new market for designers and manufacturers to create one-of-a-kind pieces that allow consumers to display their unique personality and taste through functional art.
3. Optical Illusion Furniture - Furniture that creates optical illusions, such as the Urban Philosophy Chair, can appeal to consumers who are interested in innovative and unconventional designs that make a statement in their homes or workplaces.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can explore the use of unconventional materials to create minimalist designs, such as transparent polycarbonate, to meet the growing demand for contemporary and functional furniture pieces.
2. Design - The trend toward merging furniture and art creates a new market for designers to create unique, one-of-a-kind pieces that allow consumers to express their personality and taste through functional art.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate optical illusion furniture, like the Urban Philosophy Chair, into their designs to create interesting and unexpected focal points that add both function and intrigue to a space.