The Gwen hotel is filled to the brim with luxury amenities but its newest summer experience offers patrons a chance to stay outside the hotel and spend a few nights in an urban glamping experience. Known as the Glamping Experience, this new hotel initiative will invite patrons to spend a few nights on a spacious 1,000-square-foot terrace inside a boho-chic tent on the 16th floor of the stunning McGraw-Hill building. The urban Glamping experience currently runs for $5,500 per night.
The tent will be outfitted to the same level as the hotel's suites with drum-sized tables, hand-knotted macrame seat cushions, a handcrafted Indian rug and a queen-sized Black Pearl bed. The tent is just one part of the urban Glamping Experience, as the hotel will bolster the experience with access to the indoor suite, a meal cooked by the Gwen Hotel's executive chef, round-trip transportation and s'mores turndown amenity.
Image Credit: Gwen Hotel
Chicago's Gwen Hotel is Offering a New Luxe Urban Glamping Experience
1. Luxe Glamping - The trend of offering luxurious glamping experiences is growing, providing opportunities for hotels to offer unique and high-end camping experiences in urban areas.
2. Boho-chic Decor - The boho-chic decor trend is influencing the design of glamping sites, providing opportunities for designers and vendors to create unique and stylish camping environments.
3. Tailor-made Glamping Packages - Offering tailor-made glamping packages that include not just accommodation but also transportation, meals and activities are an emerging trend, providing opportunities for travel agencies and hotels to create bespoke experiences.
1. Hospitality - The Hospitality industry can adopt the trend of urban glamping to offer unique and luxurious camping experiences to guests, attracting a new segment of travellers.
2. Travel - The travel industry can capitalize on the trend of Luxe Glamping to offer customized glamping travel packages combining accommodation, transportation, and activities, attracting a high-end clientele.
3. Design - The design industry can explore opportunities in the boho-chic decor trend to create unique and stylish glamping sites and add value to luxury camping experiences.