Fashion lovers everywhere might like the idea of Portland-based Looptworks' new 'Moto Collection,' which features upcycled leather bags, purses and wallets. The collection was born out of the company's collaboration with 'Langlitz Leathers' and photographer Lana MacNaughton; MacNaughton lent her knowledge and understanding of motorcycle culture, while Langlitz Leather provided leftover material and Looptworks manufactured the final products for consumers to purchase.
The company's whole structure is built on developing limited-edition products out of discarded materials -- a strategy that speaks to the "green" culture. When selecting purses, handbags or wallets, consumers may prefer Looptworks' upcycled leather Moto Collection because the items are fashionable and yet sustainable. It's a great selling point for the company that claims to have saved over 19 million gallons of water last year because of its eco-friendly practices.
These Motorcycle-Inspired Items are Fashionable and Sustainable
1. Upcycling Fashion - The trend of upcycling discarded materials in fashion design opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for sustainable fashion brands.
2. Sustainable Accessories - The rise of sustainable accessories, such as upcycled leather bags, presents opportunities for innovative brands to cater to eco-conscious consumers.
3. Collaborative Manufacturing - The trend of collaborative manufacturing between different industry players allows for the creation of unique and environmentally friendly products like the Moto Collection.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage the upcycling trend to develop sustainable and fashionable accessories like upcycled leather bags.
2. Eco-friendly Manufacturing - The eco-friendly manufacturing industry can explore opportunities to collaborate with fashion brands and contribute to the production of upcycled products.
3. Photography - The photography industry can play a role in shaping fashion collaborations by providing expertise and creative direction, as seen in the collaboration between Looptworks, Langlitz Leathers, and Lana MacNaughton.