Ben van Berkel and UNSutdio have won the rights to design the new Chinese soccer stadium for Dalian Shide FC. The stadium will be built in the the city of Dalian, which is in northeast China.
The UNStudio soccer stadium will hold around 40,000 people and is based on the ancient practice of layering bamboo to make make soccer balls in China. You can read more about the UNStudio soccer stadium by clicking the links below.
UNStudio Soccer Stadium Draws on Past to Celebrate Future
1. Bamboo-inspired Architecture - There is an opportunity for architects and designers to explore the use of bamboo as a sustainable and innovative material in various construction projects.
2. Sports Stadium Design - There is a potential for reimagining sports stadium design by incorporating cultural and historical elements to create unique and immersive fan experiences.
3. China's Soccer Revolution - There is a rising trend in China towards investing in soccer infrastructure, providing opportunities for businesses in the sports industry to tap into this growing market.
1. Architecture - Architects can explore the integration of cultural influences and sustainable materials to create groundbreaking designs for stadiums and other structures.
2. Sports - Sports industry professionals can explore partnerships with architects and designers to redefine the fan experience and create innovative stadiums that celebrate local culture.
3. Construction - Construction companies can leverage the demand for advanced stadium designs to showcase their capabilities in incorporating unique cultural and historical elements.