Over the past few years, consumers with a love of all things fantastical have been treated to countless products inspired by unicorns—and now, Lidl is launching its own-label unicorn gin.
The Scottish gin from the budget supermarket was created in partnership with The Glasgow Distillery and pays tribute to the fact that the unicorn was officially named Scotland's national animal sometime in the 1300s.
The gin spirit is made up of eight botanicals, including orange peel, lemon peel, juniper, coriander seeds, angelica root, rosehip, liquorice and bramble, for a taste that is said to be "full-bodied with a fruity finish." The name of the new spirit, Aquine, is a combination of the words "aqua" and "equine," which references the Scottish water that is used in the making of the product.
Lidl's 'Aquine' Gin Pays Tribute to Scotland's National Animal
1. Unicorn-inspired Products - The popularity of unicorn-inspired products presents an opportunity for businesses to create unique and whimsical offerings that cater to consumer desire for all things fantastical.
2. Collaborative Product Development - Collaborations between different brands and industries, like Lidl and The Glasgow Distillery, allow for the creation of innovative and exclusive products that appeal to a wider range of consumers.
3. National Pride Marketing - Capitalizing on national symbols and traditions, like Scotland's national animal, can be a successful marketing strategy, creating a sense of pride and authenticity for consumers.
1. Beverage Industry - Innovative and creative flavor combinations, such as the unique botanical blend in Lidl's Aquine gin, can disrupt the beverage industry by offering consumers new and exciting taste experiences.
2. Retail Industry - The trend of unicorn-inspired products provides an opportunity for retailers to create eye-catching and whimsical displays that attract customers and differentiate themselves from competitors.
3. Tourism Industry - Scotland's designation of the unicorn as their national animal can drive tourism by creating a unique selling point and generating interest in exploring the country's heritage and traditions.