Just when you thought ol' Saint Nick was full of purely good tidings and great intentions, the UNICEF 'I Don't Do Poor Countries' commercial puts him right on the top of the 'Naughty' list.
The short clip features Santa Clause inspecting the usual toys that will be delivered to children near and far, but when he comes to a box full of UNICEF medical and living supplies, he scoffs. The concept of giving a gift to someone that shows a donation has been made in their name is so unacceptable to him that he responds with Grinch-worthy condescension. UNICEF then urges consumers to pick up Santa's slack and consider charitable gifting.
The UNICEF 'I Don't Do Poor Countries' commercial makes you wonder, if Santa sees the unfortunate kids when they're sleeping and knows when they're awake, shouldn't he be showing some remorse for goodness sake?
The UNICEF 'I Don't Do Poor Countries' Short is Not So Cheery
1. Charitable Gifting - Explore innovative ways to encourage charitable gifting and giving back during the holiday season.
2. Santa as a Symbol - Reimagine the depiction of Santa Claus to raise awareness about global social issues and inspire action.
3. Disruptive Advertising - Utilize provocative and thought-provoking commercials to challenge traditional holiday narratives and spark conversations.
1. Nonprofit - Nonprofit organizations can leverage the holiday season to highlight their causes and encourage donations.
2. Advertising - Advertising agencies can create bold and impactful campaigns that address social issues and foster positive change.
3. Retail - Retailers can partner with charitable organizations to offer gift options that give back, appealing to socially conscious consumers.