Psychic Factory is attempting to make it easier for third world residents to construct safe shelter with the UNICEF Brick concept. The UNICEF Brick is a LEGO-inspired packaging for food and water that is designed to be used as the building blocks of construction.
The UNICEF Brick is designed to be first filled with food and water. Once the contents have been consumed, the brick is to be filled with sand, soil or rocks and used as a life-sized LEGO brick. The concept is delightfully simple and could actually be very beneficial to those living in refugee camps as their shelter often consists of tiny and fragile tents. Eliminating the need for food sacks and water bottles would also help to cut waste.
The UNICEF Brick is a Literal Building Block for Troubled Regions
1. Humanitarian Packaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore sustainable packaging solutions that can be repurposed for construction in troubled regions.
2. Modular Shelter - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop modular building systems that can be easily assembled and disassembled to provide safe shelter in refugee camps.
3. Waste Reduction - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative solutions to reduce waste in humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts.
1. Packaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop eco-friendly packaging solutions that can be repurposed for construction or other useful purposes.
2. Construction - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate modular building systems into construction practices to provide quick and efficient shelter solutions.
3. Humanitarian Aid - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implement sustainable practices to reduce waste and improve the effectiveness of humanitarian aid efforts.