This is just amazing--an underground art exhibition performance piece in every sense of the world. The Old Vic Theatre in London, of which Kevin Spacey is the director, has worked with an experimental theatre group to create Tunnel 228, which is staged in real tunnels underneath London’s Waterloo Station and inspired, of course, by the classic film 'Metropolis.'
Tunnel 228 is set to run for 15 days starting tomorrow and promises “sensory journey through art-installations, sculpture, live performance, and vaults of mysterious curiosities.” Tickets are free, but to book your time slot you have to figure out how to get the tickets.
Tunnel 228 is a Sensory Theatre-Going Experience
1. Underground Art Performances - Explore the rising trend of immersive art experiences set in unconventional spaces such as underground tunnels.
2. Sensory Theatre-going Experience - Discover the trend of theatrical performances that engage multiple senses, creating a truly immersive experience for the audience.
3. Experimental Theatre Collaborations - Uncover the trend of theater groups partnering with unconventional venues to create unique and boundary-pushing performances.
1. Art and Entertainment - Opportunity for art organizations to create immersive experiences in non-traditional spaces, captivating a new audience.
2. Event Management - Event planners can tap into the trend of sensory theater-going experiences to create memorable and immersive events.
3. Tourism and Travel - Travel agencies and tourism boards can promote underground art performances as a unique selling point to attract cultural explorers.