Japanese spirits label Ukiyo has officially secured a distribution deal with UK-based supermarket chain Sainsbury. Starting now, Sainsbury will be selling the brand's signature Blossom Gin product both in-store and on its website.
Blossom Gin is made in Kagoshima, Japan, and features a unique formula that blends ancient grains and several botanicals, such as mandarin, spice, and juniper. Like all of Ukyo's products, Blossom Gin features a 4-% ABV.
“We are delighted to partner with Sainsbury’s to bring this unique expression directly to the consumer in the UK... Ukiyo has proven to be a huge hit with both trade customers and consumers in international markets, and we look forward to hearing the feedback from Sainsbury’s customers," said John Soden, the chief commercial officer of Kirker Greer Spirits.
Image Credit: Ukiyo Gin
Ukiyo Gin Signs Major Distribution Deal with Sainsbury's
1. Ancient Grain Alcohol - There is potential to disrupt the alcohol industry by using lesser-known ancient grains to create unique products, such as Ukiyo's Blossom Gin.
2. International Distribution Deals - By securing a major distribution deal with Sainsbury's, Ukiyo has shown that there is opportunity for international alcohol brands to expand their reach in the UK market.
3. Botanical-infused Alcohol - Ukiyo's use of botanicals, such as mandarin and spice, showcases the potential for adding unique and unexpected ingredients to alcohol for a one-of-a-kind product.
1. Alcohol Industry - Ukiyo's use of ancient grains and unique botanicals to create Blossom Gin presents an opportunity for the alcohol industry to innovate and experiment with new ingredients and formulas.
2. International Trade Industry - International alcohol brands, like Ukiyo, can benefit from expanding their distribution deals to new markets, which presents an opportunity for the international trade industry to facilitate these agreements.
3. Supermarket Industry - By partnering with Ukiyo to sell Blossom Gin, Sainsbury's has shown that there is potential for supermarkets to offer unique and specialized alcohol products to their customers.