It looks like young people are starting to collect 'Turds'. The concept took off in the UK and it is spreading world wide. The Sun is calling it the, "Funniest concept ever," while the Daily Mail is saying, "Turds should be banned it's disgusting."
Implications - Turd Toys were created in Nottingham England in 1997 and launched in 2004. Since then, they've become a cult favorite with over 16,000 fans. There's hundreds of characters choose from, some of which even takes the form of pop cultural favorite such as Robocop. Each of the figures has its own log book and bowlography giving them more personality. The company has even gone digital with its website launching animated shorts each month as well as miniature games.
Sure it may seem disgusting, but the Turd Toys quirkiness shouldn't deter you from at least checking it out.
Kids Collecting Poo Toys
1. Collectible Toys - Opportunity to create and market unique, offbeat collectible toys with quirky themes.
2. Niche Fanbase - Opportunity to cater to a niche fanbase by offering unique and unconventional collectible toys.
3. Digital Expansion - Opportunity to expand the brand digitally by creating animated shorts and interactive games.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Opportunity for toy manufacturers to develop and produce unconventional collectible toys for a niche market.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity for marketing and advertising agencies to create campaigns targeted towards the niche fanbase of unconventional collectible toys.
3. Digital Entertainment - Opportunity for digital entertainment companies to create and distribute animated shorts and interactive games based on the Turd Toys brand.