Priced at $20,000, the TrekStor i.Beat Organix isn't that ordinary. The luxury mp3 player is encrusted with 63 diamonds (1 carat) and plated in 18 carat gold. Obviously it comes with features you need, like 1 gb of memory, 25 hours of continuous playback, a 5x equalizer and SRS surround sound: but do you really care about sound quality when you drop $20,000 on an mp3 player? Hot.
Implications - Now that the economic downturn is behind us, consumers are feeling jubilant and want to express those feelings by making gaudy purchases. Everyday items that are spruced up with diamonds or gold are very attractive to these consumers. Another example is a gold-encrusted toothbrush.
$20,000 TrekStor i.Beat Organix Has 63 Diamonds
1. Luxe-upgraded Gadgets - As people feel more financially comfortable, they are looking to splurge on everyday items upgraded with premium materials such as diamonds and gold, presenting opportunities for luxury gadget makers.
2. Hyper-personalized Tech - The TrekStor i.Beat Organix's luxurious customization to create a one-of-a-kind music player paves the way for hyper-personalization of technology and customizable gadgets.
3. Extravagant Tech Accessories - The inclusion of diamonds and gold in a music player highlights a unique opportunity for tech accessories that incorporate luxurious materials, paving the way for new product categories in the tech space.
1. Luxury Technology - The TrekStor i.Beat Organix is part of the luxury technology industry, which caters to consumers who want to splurge on high-end gadgets.
2. Customizable Gadgets - The hyper-personalization trend presented by the TrekStor i.Beat Organix opens up opportunities for companies in the customizable gadget industry, allowing them to offer highly personalized tech that is unique to each individual customer.
3. Premium Accessory Manufacturing - The inclusion of premium materials like diamonds and gold in tech accessories presents an opportunity for the premium accessory manufacturing industry to create new product categories in the luxury tech space.