Matthew Chamberlain is a University of Westminster graduate who envisions a more sustainable future both ecologically and socially through the introduction of urban tree pods as "starter homes on London's street."
The structures are quite compact and teardrop-shaped. Matthew Chamberlain blends the design of the tree pods with the aesthetic of the tree, allowing for the seamless integration of the micro-dwellings. Each home is said to take up to one parking space and the project proves to be quite alluring for first-time home buyers, students, young professionals or people with low income. Not only will the urban tree pods offer more housing opportunities in the UK capital but they will also spotlight the importance of trees and boast a more tranquil surrounding for the residents themselves.
Matthew Chamberlain's Project is Offered as a Housing Crisis Solution
1. Sustainable Micro-dwellings - Developing compact, eco-friendly living units for affordable housing.
2. Vertical Forests - Creating sustainable residential spaces that integrate greenery and natural elements.
3. Smart Parking Structures - Utilizing technology to optimize parking spaces and converting them into functional residential units.
1. Real Estate - Creating affordable, eco-friendly living spaces that cater to diverse consumer groups and highlight the importance of sustainability.
2. Architecture and Design - Innovating new methods of developing compact, sustainable housing structures that integrate greenery and natural elements.
3. Smart City Solutions - Providing integrated solutions for optimizing city resources and utilizing smart technology to create sustainable urban residential spaces.