IKEA is extending discounts to customers located in Dubai depending on travel times from Google Maps. The travel time discounts are part of the companies 'Buy With Your Time' promotion, which takes travel information form the Timeline feature in Google Maps. The promotion dictates that one hour of driving time can result in a discount of approximately $28. Currently, IKEA has indicated if the promotion will roll out to other countries.
Often times IKEA locations are outside major cities so many customers travel to shop at the store. The new promotion could show consumers that even though they have to travel to shop at IKEA, the company values their efforts. Additionally, the discounts offered in the promotion may entice price-sensitive consumers.
Image Credit: IKEA
IKEA is Offering Discounts Depending on Customer Travel Times
1. Travel-based Discounts - Offering discounts based on consumer travel time can be a new trend for retailers to connect with customers and entice price-sensitive consumers to shop.
2. Data-driven Promotions - Using data from Google Maps can become a trend in developing personalized promotions that appeal to individual customer needs.
3. Customer Loyalty Programs - Introducing promotions that reward customers for their time and effort can be a new trend in developing customer loyalty programs.
1. Retail Industry - The retail industry can benefit from the trend of travel-based discounts by adopting a more customer-centric approach to promotions.
2. Technology Industry - The technology industry can benefit from the trend of using data from Google Maps by developing new tools and services that enhance customers' shopping experiences.
3. Marketing Industry - The marketing industry can benefit from the trend of developing customer loyalty programs by creating new strategies that reward customers for their time and effort.