Studio Marcelo Teixeira Ideas & Motion has developed a new version of one of the most well-known seats in world with the Pink Toilet. In fact, the designers just took old toilets from the garbage and transformed into funny and more comfortable pieces.
Re-thinking the seat was the main project from which this piece was born. One simple idea formulated around the concept of reuse has transformed such a mundane object into a lively object. Evidently, these fun, furry toilets encourage social interaction as well; many of them are popping up around unexpected areas in Brazil.
According to the toilet's designers, "We encourage, prepare, visualize and illuminate the beneficial way for others to follow, leading us all to this new time in which the environment is more sustainable, renewable, economically stable and socially fair."
Studio Marcelo Teixeira Creates a Fun Project
1. Upcycled Design - The Pink Toilet project demonstrates the trend of upcycling by transforming old toilets into fun and comfortable pieces.
2. Socially Engaging Design - The fun and furry toilets encourage social interaction by popping up in unexpected areas, creating unique experiences for users.
3. Sustainability and Environmental Consciousness - The project highlights the trend towards sustainability and environmental consciousness by promoting reuse and transforming mundane objects into lively ones.
1. Interior Design - The upcycled design trend presents opportunities for interior designers to create unique and sustainable pieces for both residential and commercial spaces.
2. Hospitality - Hotels and restaurants can embrace the socially engaging design trend by incorporating fun and unexpected elements like furry toilets to enhance guest experiences.
3. Sustainable Manufacturing - The focus on sustainability and environmental consciousness presents opportunities for manufacturers to develop innovative processes and products that promote reuse and reduce waste.