University of Central Lancashire (Uclan) design student Sara Watson wanted to make something disappear. Not with magic, but with a technique that she was more familiar withâ€”painting.
Recycling Lives, a local recycling firm, donated the Skoda Fabia car used in Sara's grand illusion and after 3 weeks, it was turned into, well, a transparent, mass-less object, taking the appearance of the parking lot behind and beneath it. Very cool!
Implications - Eco-conscious consumers are constantly looking for ways to promote their cause and are fashioning innovative publicity stunts with the aid of students. Corporations looking to garner media attention may consider reaching out to local artists to participate in publicity stunts which will mutually benefit all parties involved.
Sara Watson Makes a Car Disappear With Paint
1. Eco-conscious Publicity Stunts - Opportunity for corporations to collaborate with local artists on unconventional publicity stunts that cater to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Transparent Vehicle Design - Potential for creating transparent or translucent vehicles using innovative techniques such as painting, catering to consumers seeking unique and visually engaging designs.
3. Creative Recycling Applications - Exploration of novel ways to repurpose discarded objects, like transforming a car into a transparent, mass-less object, to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
1. Automotive - Opportunity for automakers to explore transparent vehicle design concepts and collaborate with artists to create visually striking and eco-friendly cars.
2. Advertising & Marketing - Potential for advertising agencies and brands to leverage eco-conscious consumers' interest in innovative publicity stunts, by partnering with local artists to create attention-grabbing campaigns.
3. Recycling & Waste Management - Exploration of creative applications for recycling, such as repurposing objects like cars, can attract attention and contribute to sustainability efforts, offering opportunities for recycling and waste management industries.