Invisible phones, see-through soccer balls and hi-tech fridges. Today we hunt: TRANSPARENT INNOVATION
Clear and translucent designs are so versatile that the aesthetic of transparency is transporting itself to homes, gadgets and fashion. With a culture that has a no-holds-barred take on privacy, see-through anything and everything are what consumers are looking to in their choice of day-to-day products and innovation.
10. The Window Concept Phone mimics the weather on its hi-tech, see-through screen. This frosty phone is cool in more ways than one.
9. The CITRUS soccer ball is capable of changing colors during important parts of the game -- like when a team scores. For those who couldn't follow the World Cup, the CITRUS soccer ball will make even the most sports inept people roar from the stands.
8. This infinity pool -- named the Cantilevered Lap Pool -- teeters over the edge of a river below. It's hard to tell where the pool ends and nature begins because of its impeccable transparent design.
7. Chanel J12 Retrograde Mysterieuse watch doesn't have an ounce of mystery to it. Wearing its heart on its sleeve (or wrist), this is one stylish timepiece you'll love inside and out.
6. Welcome to the future. If the Nokia concept phone by Juan Carlos Garzon was any more minimal, it wouldn't exist.
5. This concept home by the Santambrogiomilao Group is dazzlingly delicate. When your grandparents told you, "People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones," this is the glass house they were referring to.
4. This keyless glass computer accessory is aptly named the “No-key Keyboard.” Using a motion-sensing camera, this hi-tech device is too cool for keys.
3. Get adventurous with the see-through Molokini kayak. This durable vessel lets you see coral reefs, aquatic life and Loch Ness monsters below the water's surface.
2. The Window Fridge is a must-have for eco-conscious consumers. Instead of wasting energy by opening the fridge, all you have to do is tap a button and its surface becomes instantly transparent -- allowing you to get your goodies in a jiffy.
1. Easy to use and hi-tech?! With the transparent touchscreen LG GD900 phone, even you could turn Mr. Bond green with envy.
Video of the Day: Sprint