The eco-conscious clothing brand Reformation recently debuted its sultry new holiday lookbook featuring trans model Andreja Pejic in a variety of holiday-ready looks. Donning everything from metallic minidresses to shoulder-bearing jumpsuits, the model flawlessly breaks down preconceived notions of what a top model should look like.
Pejic was chosen for the holiday campaign to not only show off Reformation's beautiful new holiday pieces, but also to demonstrate the brand's commitment to being inclusive of different body types and gender identities. As the brand's founder Yael Aflalo explains, "We are always trying to push the boundaries of what's 'standard' and break fashion stigmas." Although it is the first time the brand has cast a trans model to show off its stylish eco-forward pieces, the campaign is just as effortlessly glamorous and feminine as previous Reformation campaigns.
Reformation's New Holiday Ads Star Trans Model Andreja Pejic
1. Inclusive Fashion Campaigns - Focusing on inclusion and diversity can help fashion brands showcase their commitment to breaking down industry standards.
2. Gender-inclusive Advertising - Using models that break traditional gender norms can help brands connect with consumers who value inclusivity and diversity.
3. Eco-friendly Fashion - Combining eco-conscious materials with sleek designs can help brands build a loyal customer base of environmentally-conscious consumers.
1. Fashion - Fashion companies that promote and showcase inclusivity and gender diversity can disrupt the industry and attract a broader consumer base.
2. Advertising - By promoting inclusivity in their advertising campaigns, marketers can appeal to consumers who value social progress and diversity.
3. Sustainability - Brands that prioritize eco-friendliness and sustainability can appeal to consumers who care about protecting the environment, and can disrupt the fashion industry by pioneering eco-friendly designs and materials.