Brazilian group Alegria gera Saúde (Joy Generates Health) came up with a clever anti-smoking campaign that allows people to trade in cigarettes for condoms. Instead of smoking, the campaign advocates a “healthier” activity. The group’s efforts kills two birds with one stone, promoting safe sex and reducing the number of smokers on the street.
Alegria gera Saúde set up a blue box on the streets of Brazil, with a person inside. The box only has a small slot for people to slip their packs of cigarettes in with, so that the interaction is non-confrontational. Although there is a person inside, the box operates like a machine than a human, preventing potentially awkward moments during the trade. This is an interesting way to deliver an anti-smoking campaign and discourage an unhealthy behaviour.
People Trade in Cigarettes for Condoms in This Anti-Smoking Campaign
1. Healthier Alternatives Swaps - Encourage healthier activities by offering creative swaps for unhealthy habits.
2. Non-confrontational Promotions - Develop campaigns that effectively promote a cause without being confrontational.
3. Dual-purpose Campaigns - Create campaigns that tackle two issues at once, promoting multiple causes with one initiative.
1. Health and Wellness - Develop campaigns and products that promote healthy habits and lifestyles.
2. Public Health - Research and develop creative and effective ways of promoting public health and wellness.
3. Social Activism - Incorporate unique and effective strategies to promote social causes and create change.