Art history professor Tracy Fitzpatrick is conducting a tour of the New York City subway, but through the lens of the unparalleled art, design and architecture that’s featured under the city streets. Some of the subway-inspired artists include Keith Haring, Walker Evans and DONDI.
For those of us not able to make her physical tour, Tracy Fitzpatrick curated a virtual tour of some of the hotspots that will be visited through the trek of underground tunnels.
Tracy Fitzpatrick's Virtual Tour of Art & Design in The NYC Subway
1. Virtual Tourism - There is an opportunity to develop more virtual tours that can provide an immersive experience of different cities' underground art and architecture.
2. Subterranean Art - There is an opportunity to bring to light more of the underground art that has been previously obscured to be enjoyed and appreciated by a larger audience.
3. Digital Education - There is an opportunity to develop educational programs, similar to Tracy Fitzpatrick's virtual tour, that can be accessed online from anywhere in the world and provide a learning opportunity for those who are unable to attend physical tours or classes.
1. Tourism - Tourism industry can incorporate more virtual experiences like Tracy Fitzpatrick's virtual tour to offer unique experiences to tourists.
2. Art - The art industry can explore opportunities to promote subterranean art by organizing exhibitions and through public art installations in the underground spaces of different cities.
3. Education - The education industry can incorporate more digital learning experiences to reach a wider audience and provide accessible education opportunities.