Tracky is a line of motion-tracking sportswear, developed by Indian startup ProjectPOLE, that aims to offer everyday athletes the same kind of high-tech real-time performance analysis enjoyed by elite athletes in controlled sports lab environments.
Tracky comprises a compression top and pants that are equipped with 11 9-axis accelerometers, a heart rate sensor and a temperature sensor. These sensors are all connected to a power and memory unit dubbed 'the hub', which is attached to a strap that is embedded in the shirt.
As wearers perform physical activity, data from the sensors is stored on the hub and transmitted to a connected iOS or Android device. An app on the device then processes the data, allowing the user to stay on top of various performance indicators.
Tracky, currently the subject of an Indiegogo campaign, looks like it has all the ingredients to take off because of the sheer number of sports and activities that it works well with.
The Tracky Apparel Uses Motion Sensors to Assess Your Performance
1. Motion-tracking Sportswear - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Develop advanced motion-tracking technology integrated into sportswear for real-time performance analysis.
2. Wearable Sensor Technology - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Create innovative wearable sensors that capture data and provide valuable insights for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
3. Real-time Performance Analysis - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Develop user-friendly apps and platforms that process and analyze data from wearable sensors to provide real-time performance feedback.
1. Sports Apparel - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Integrate wearable sensor technology into sports apparel to enhance performance monitoring and analysis.
2. Fitness Technology - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Combine motion capture technology with fitness devices to provide accurate tracking and analysis of physical activities.
3. Mobile Applications - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Develop mobile apps that seamlessly integrate with wearable sensor technology to enable users to monitor and improve their performance.