It's true that transit apps are a dime and dozen, and pretty much every city seems to have them, but the Toronto Transit Commission or TTC is offering a transit app with a difference, in that it is designed with a focus on helping bus and subway riders get to their destinations safely.
Available for both the iOS and Android platforms, the SafeTTC transit app helps customers discreetly report cases of harassment or suspicious incidents directly to TTC authorities. The app can be used to input details about specific incidents or just brief overviews, depending on the context and how safe the person feels while using the app.
The unfortunate fact is that transit systems are often hubs of crime and harassment, but by using the smartphone app platform, Toronto transit authorities are looking to help riders fight back against harassment.
The SafeTTC App Helps Torontonians Discreetly Report Harassment
1. Discreet Reporting - Transit apps that prioritize discreet reporting of incidents offer disruptive innovation opportunities for enhancing safety in public transportation.
2. Mobile Safety Apps - The rise of mobile safety apps presents disruptive innovation opportunities for improving security measures in various industries.
3. Crime Prevention Technology - The development of crime prevention technology creates disruptive innovation opportunities for promoting safer environments in different sectors.
1. Transportation - The transportation industry can benefit from integrating discreet reporting features in existing transit apps to address safety concerns effectively.
2. Technology - The technology industry can explore the potential of mobile safety apps to provide innovative solutions for enhancing security measures in different settings.
3. Public Safety - The public safety sector can leverage crime prevention technology to develop advanced systems that ensure a secure environment for individuals and communities.