If you haven’t already checked out Trend Hunter’s 2020 Trend Report, it’s not too late to get ahead of the curve for the year to come. In less than 9 minutes, our newly released video countdown of the top trends for 2020 breaks down key insights and industry shifts to get you thinking like a futurist.
From Micro-Learning to Referential Luxury, each of the top trends for 2020 is tied to one of our 18 Megatrends for longer-term context. As a core part of Trend Hunter’s proprietary research framework, our Megatrends shed light on consumer behaviors that are unchanging, but manifest in different ways over time. Our top trends for 2020 were carefully selected through this lens to showcase themes that will remain significant for the next 3 to 5 years.
Watch the countdown above to discover the top 18 trends you need to know about for 2020, and download a free copy of the full 2020 Trend Report here.
Get Ahead with Trend Hunter's 2020 Trend Forecast Video
1. Micro-learning - The trend towards micro-learning presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the education and training industries by providing bite-sized, on-demand learning experiences that are tailored to individual needs.
2. Referential Luxury - The referential luxury trend offers disruptive innovation opportunities for the fashion and retail industries by combining nostalgia and modernity to create high-end products with a touch of familiarity.
3. Industry Shifts - The identification of industry shifts as a trend highlights disruptive innovation opportunities across various industries by identifying emerging changes and trends that can reshape business models and strategies.
1. Education - The education industry can capitalize on the micro-learning trend by developing and offering personalized micro-courses that allow learners to acquire knowledge quickly and efficiently.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage the referential luxury trend by creating luxury products that blend traditional elements with contemporary styles to appeal to consumers seeking a nostalgic yet fashionable experience.
3. Retail - The retail industry can tap into the referential luxury trend by curating nostalgic and modern merchandise that caters to consumers looking for premium, yet familiar, shopping experiences.