Steampunk mania describes the modern design movement which seeks inspiration from the era in which steam power dominated.
Faking the antique appearance of the Victorian era devices has become a widely used element of modern art and design. Aside from a heavy use of brass, etching, and copper-plating, a prominent element often featured in steam punk design is the ability to see the "guts" of something, whether its the cogs of an antique clock, or the engine of a mechanical object like a plane.
Trend Hunter has seen so many steampunked items which add these old fashioned, rusty details to interior design items, gadgets and accessories, so we thought we'd bring them together for one, big steampunked post. Featured as the main image on this post is the Steampunk Stratocaster, a clockwork guitar.
1. Steampunked Design - There is an opportunity to incorporate steampunk design elements into modern interior design items and gadgets.
2. Antique-inspired Details - There is an opportunity to incorporate antique-inspired details such as cogs and gears into modern gadgets and accessories.
3. Rustic Industrial Aesthetics - There is an opportunity to incorporate the rustic and industrial aesthetics of steam-powered machinery into modern design.
1. Interior Design - Steampunked design elements could be incorporated into furniture, lighting fixtures, and other interior design items.
2. Gadgets and Accessories - Antique-inspired details like cogs and gears could be incorporated into modern gadgets and accessories, giving them a unique, steampunked look.
3. Musical Instruments - The combination of vintage aesthetics and modern technology could lead to the creation of unique, clockwork-inspired musical instruments.