The Toni Maticevski FW 2012 collection is a ghostly, yet timeless line of fragile gowns. While the attire may be delicate, the motif of the show was closer to warrior-chic. One piece closely resembles the outfit of a vintage Bond girl and Indiana Jones hybrid. The memorable piece is somewhat of a string bikini top detailed with drapery and a Y collar. These vintage undertones come together with futuristic gold details and geometric silhouettes to create a bold collection.
Tony Maticevski is an Australian designer ruling the scene since 1999. The company site says the designer is inspired by the lost beautiful. The statement pieces reflect a sort of chaotic narrative that comes together into a spontaneous, yet alluring finish.
The Toni Maticevski FW 2012 collection features darkly romantic statement pieces for the bold fashionista.
The Toni Maticevski FW 2012 Show is Haunting and Sensual
1. Vintage Futuristic - There is an opportunity for designers to incorporate vintage and futuristic design elements to create bold and unique collections.
2. Warrior-chic - There is potential for designers to explore the blend of delicate and strong elements to create edgy statement pieces for the fashion-forward.
3. Geometric Silhouettes - There is a trend towards incorporating bold geometric shapes and lines into fashion collections to create strong and distinctive silhouettes.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry professionals can explore these trends to create bold and unique collections that appeal to the fashion-forward consumer.
2. Textile - The textile industry can explore incorporating vintage and futuristic elements into fabrics and materials to create unique and innovative products for designers to use.
3. Luxury - Luxury brands can explore the blend of delicate and strong elements to create edgy statement pieces for the high-end fashion consumer.