What distinguishes the Toby Concept Car from all others in its class is an atypical amount of attention paid to its manufacturing. Mass-produced pieces of plastic or metal do not make up the main form of the little vehicle; rather, the cladding components are shells of carefully carved wood.
Designer Fulop Gellert tells the story of the birth of the Toby Concept Car, that was once made much like its fellow four-wheeled playthings. After an unfortunate collision with the wall, the automobile was taken to the local violin maker where it received a brand new body of smooth wood. Gellert is proud to present this tiny toy as so much more than a pretty knickknack, but instead as a prized item that's as beautiful as a musical instrument.
The Toby Concept Car is Made as Meticulously as a Musical Instrument
1. Sculpted Wooden Toys - The trend of artisanal toy making from beautiful and sustainable materials like wood could be an innovative opportunity for designers and manufacturers to appeal to conscious consumer preferences.
2. Precision Craftsmanship for Mass Production - The trend of using precision manufacturing techniques that have traditionally been reserved for artisanal products could be an opportunity to differentiate mass-produced goods in a crowded marketplace.
3. Eco-friendly Toy Industry - The trend of using sustainable materials like wood or recycled plastics in the toy industry could open up innovation opportunities for companies to create new eco-friendly brands and position themselves as environmentally conscious.
1. Toy Industry - In the toy industry, there could be opportunities for innovative toy-makers and manufacturers to create designs made from wood and other natural materials to cater to the discerning and environmentally conscious modern consumer.
2. Furniture Industry - In the furniture industry, manufacturers could explore the use of precision woodworking techniques for mass production to create premium furniture made with beautiful materials but at a lower cost than traditional artisanal pieces.
3. Musical Instrument Industry - In the musical instrument industry, there could be new opportunities to explore making instruments with sustainable and unique materials like wood or recycled materials.