Hyundai recently launched a campaign on the TikTok video platform which is intended to support the company's Super Bowl ad. The TikTok campaign consists of minute-long videos featuring Boston celebrities, including Rachel Dratch, the former 'Saturday Night Live' star. The campaign encourages users to explain how TV or movies can cause people to change, Rachel Dratch's video outlines how filming in Boston reminded her of her childhood.
Hyundai's campaign marks the first time automotive manufacture has leveraged the TikTok video platform. Expanding marketing efforts to TikTok will allow the brand to reach younger consumers who may be in the process of purchasing their first car. Additionally, the TikTok platform will engage consumers, as they are encouraged to make their own content.
Image Credit: Hyundai
Hyundai Launched Its First Campaign on the TikTok Video Platform
1. User-generated Content - Hyundai's TikTok campaign encourages users to create their own content, demonstrating the trend of user-generated content in marketing.
2. Engaging with Gen Z - Hyundai's expansion to TikTok allows the brand to reach younger consumers, tapping into the trend of engaging with Gen Z.
3. Innovative Marketing Platforms - Hyundai's use of TikTok as a marketing platform represents the trend of automotive companies exploring new and innovative marketing channels.
1. Automotive - Hyundai's campaign on TikTok disrupts the automotive industry by reaching a new segment of consumers through a non-traditional platform.
2. Social Media - The use of TikTok by Hyundai showcases the evolving trend of automotive companies utilizing social media platforms for marketing purposes.
3. Entertainment - Hyundai's campaign involving Boston celebrities demonstrates the potential for cross-industry partnerships between automotive and entertainment sectors, opening up opportunities for innovative collaborations.