The newest limited edition tights in the Nike Tight of the Moment collection were produced in collaboration with Flavio Samelo and Jayelle Hudson, a married photographer couple from Brazil. The Nike x Flavio Samelo and Jayelle Hudson tights celebrate the connection between humans and nature, paying tribute to the work each photographer does—Samelo tends to focus on photographing urban life while his wife puts her efforts into capturing nature.
The tights and sports bra in the collection are made from Mike Dri-FIT fabric and using body mapping technology, certain areas of the garment have heating or cooling properties. The graphic prints on these items will also appear on Nike's Studio Wrap Pack 2, the Nike Free TR 4 and the Nike Roshe RunFall in the 2014 footwear range.
Nike Collaborates with a Pair of Photographers for Its Tight of the Moment
1. Limited Edition Collaborations - Opportunity for sportswear companies to collaborate with artists/photographers to produce unique and artistic athletic gear.
2. Smart Athletic Wear - Opportunity for integration of body mapping technology to create athletic gear that offers heating or cooling properties in specific areas.
3. Graphic Prints in Athletic Gear - Opportunity for incorporating unique graphics and printing techniques in athletic wear to offer consumers more options beyond basic, solid-colored activewear.
1. Sportswear - Trend of limited edition collaborations and smart athletic wear provides opportunities for sportswear companies to differentiate themselves by offering unique, technology-driven products.
2. Artists/photographers - Collaborations with sportswear companies present opportunities for artists/photographers to expand their reach and showcase their work beyond traditional art mediums.
3. Printing/graphic Design - Trend of incorporating unique graphics and printing techniques in athletic wear presents opportunities for printing and graphic design companies to expand into the growing sportswear market.