French photographer Thomas Appert has released a series of machismo-infused black and white portraits. Although the men in the feature all appear to be exceedingly confident and perhaps even overly comfortable with the camera, they are all mere friends of Appert, and have yet to engage in any official modeling ventures.
The men captured by Thomas Appert all exude a discernibly rugged demeanor. With vintage bananas, worn-out jean fabrics and a smoky French-cigarette induced haze, the macho focus of the series is unmistakable. To top off the uber-male motif, Appert opted for a slow speed finish and tungsten-tinged lighting.
As the men of the Thomas Appert shoot represent a range of age groups and racial backgrounds, they all deliver diverse displays of intense masculinity, making for an incredibly captivating series.
The Thomas Appert Snapshots are Rife with Macho Undertones
1. Machismo-infused Portraits - Creating photography series capturing the machismo of a wide range of visibly rugged men.
2. Slow Speed Finish Portrait Photography - Integrating slow speed finish and tungsten-tinged lighting in portrait photography.
3. Non-model Modeling Photography - Using non-models to create visually captivating portrait photography.
1. Photography - Utilizing unique portrait photography methods and non-model subjects.
2. Fashion - Incorporating rugged and vintage looks in fashion photography.
3. Masculine Lifestyle Brands - Creating marketing campaigns or visual media featuring non-models that exude intense masculinity.