The sOccket is an ingenius idea from some Harvard alums who have created a soccer ball that can store energy! The idea is that kids can play with the ball after school and the ball will be able to power a lamp to do their homework with.
The sOccket is essentially a way for kids in developing countries to avoid using kerosene lamps which hinder breathing abilities and make house fires a high risk. The sOccket works through the "movement of the ball" which "forces the magnet through a coil which induces a voltage to generate electricity." Essentially the sOccket is amazing.
The sOccket is a Soccer Ball that Stores Energy to Power Lights
1. Energy-generating Sports Equipment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop sports equipment that harnesses kinetic energy to generate electricity.
2. Sustainability in Play - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create play products that promote sustainability by incorporating energy storage or generation capabilities.
3. Education Through Play - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design interactive toys or games that combine playtime with educational opportunities, such as powering study materials or devices.
1. Renewable Energy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore partnerships between renewable energy companies and sports equipment manufacturers to develop energy-generating sports products.
2. Toy and Game Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce energy-storing or energy-generating features in toys and games to promote sustainability and educational value.
3. Education Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merge play and education by integrating energy-generating capabilities into educational tools or devices.