'The Silver Post' helps children and grandchildren to share their Facebook and Instagram photos with their grandparents, though not in the way that one might imagine. Rather than sharing digital images, The Silver Post puts together physical photo collages that get sent through the mail as postcards.
Fewer and fewer people are bothering to turn their digital photographs into hard copies, simply because social media sites are designed to store these images in the same way that a photo album would in the past. However, not everyone is so deeply embedded in the social media environment — many elderly people are either light Facebook users or not on the platform at all.
The Silver Post helps users to keep their grandparents in the loop. Every month, it sends users a text asking if they have any photos they'd like to send to their grandparents or other loved ones. The user replies with the images, and The Silver Post then packages these into a postcard and mails it to the recipient.
'The Silver Post' Helps Share Photos with Elderly Loved Ones
1. Physical Photo Sharing - Opportunity to create physical photo sharing services to bridge the gap between generations and make memories everlasting.
2. Elderly-focused Social Media - Innovative social media platform designed for older people, with specific features to help them connect with their loved ones.
3. Tech Solutions for Elderly Care - Development of new technologies to enhance quality of life for older people and help them stay connected with their friends and family.
1. Photography - Photographers and printing companies have the opportunity to develop new products and services for elderly and younger generations to print and display images in a physical form.
2. Social Media - Social media platforms could create more elderly-focused applications and features, tailored towards making a connection between the older and younger generations.
3. Caregiving - Healthcare organizations and startups specializing in elder care can seek means to connect lonely elderly with their loved ones and provide physical and emotional support.