The Phlegon Wheelchair was prompted by the need to bring more freedom and flexibility to wheelchair users. Designed by Sarath Malyala, Raajnandini Jadhav, and Ritu Garg, the Phlegon is a powered wheelchair geared towards comfort and ease of use in varied situations.
The ultra-flexible wheelchair is portable and can be folded horizontally when not in use. It is tailored for easy outdoor and nighttime use, thanks to its headlamps and reflectors. A reclining position is offered to allow the seat and backrest to adjust independently or in tandem. This tilting motion also prevents users from developing sores from extended use. Moreover, the chair features height adjustment and leg support to allow users to stand up with ease.
Image Credit: Yanko Design
The Phlegon Wheelchair is Tailored for Easy Outdoor Use
1. Custom-height Wheelchairs - The trend towards customizable heights in wheelchairs presents an opportunity for innovative designs to fit a wider range of users.
2. Foldable Powered Wheelchairs - The trend towards foldable and portable wheelchairs demonstrates a need for easier transportation and storage for users.
3. Outdoor Accessibility - The trend towards outdoor-friendly features in wheelchairs presents an opportunity to make outdoor experiences more accessible for wheelchair users.
1. Medical Equipment - The medical equipment industry has the potential to innovate and create more customizable, comfortable, and portable wheelchair designs.
2. Tourism - The tourism industry has the potential to expand outdoor experiences for wheelchair users by investing in accessible outdoor equipment and infrastructure.
3. Sporting Goods - The sporting goods industry can capitalize on the trend towards outdoor-friendly features in wheelchairs by providing specialized products to enable wheelchair users to participate in outdoor sports.