The Link Bookshelf unites on one side the soft and round, and on the other side, the sharp and pointy.
Peter Qvist has made it his trademark to combine advanced 3D modeling with skilled craftsmanship. He has found that the two different working methods complement each other to perfection. An uncompromising approach to creating unique form furniture has led to the perfect balance of design, functionality and art.
With his design statements, Peter strives to unite the sophisticated and adventurous with the simple and elegant. With this unification, Peter's aim is that the viewer/user gets the pleasant satisfaction from the experience of simplicity while being stimulated by their curiosity about complexity.
The shelf consists of 14 sub-elements made of laminated birch veneer individually oiled and waxed.
The Link Bookshelf Fuses Two Functional and Distinct Styles
1. 3D Printing Artistic Furniture - There is a growing market for 3D printing artistic furniture as designers push the boundaries of what is possible with 3D modelling and printing.
2. Bridging Design Methods - Bringing together skilled craftsmanship and advanced 3D modelling could inspire designers to create more unique and balanced furniture pieces.
3. Combining Soft and Sharp Styles - Combining two distinct styles, such as Peter Qvist’s Link Bookshelf, could become a popular trend for furniture designers to explore and innovate upon.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry could benefit from adopting 3D printing technology more readily to create unique, artistic and functional pieces such as the Link Bookshelf.
2. Design and Architecture - Innovation in design and architecture could be inspired by bridging advanced 3D modelling and skilled craftsmanship, leading to the creation of more unique and functional structures and interior pieces.
3. Home Decor Retail - Home decor retailers could capitalize on the trend of combining soft and sharp styles in furniture production, offering unique pieces to customers looking to add artistic flair to their homes.