As if anime characters weren't cute enough, The Gorgonist has taken it upon herself to draw all of your dorky favorites in a super-adorable style and it's literally taking every ounce of self-control for me not to say "aww" out loud.
The Gorgonist, whose real name is Robin Kaplan, is an illustrator who, as you can see by this collection of images, knows her geekdom inside and out. I'm most impressed with her visual style as it incorporates elements from many different regions of animation, but the final product is truly unique. I wonder how long it will take before imitators of The Gorgonist's work start emerging.
Implications - Consumers have an affinity for cute aesthetics because they invoke relaxing and euphoric sensations, something consumers want in order to combat everyday stresses. Corporations may consider implementing cute aesthetic design elements into their wares to attract consumer business.
The Gorgonist Toonifies All Your Favorite Nerdy Staples
1. Cute Anime Characters - The trend of drawing cute anime characters could expand to other industries, such as fashion or product design, offering disruptive innovation opportunities to companies.
2. Geek Culture Merchandise - The trend of toonifying geek culture staples offers disruptive innovation opportunities for businesses targeting the entertainment industry.
3. Anime-inspired Illustration Style - The trend of incorporating elements from various animation styles to create a unique visual style could disrupt the animation or gaming industries.
1. Entertainment - Companies in the entertainment industry can offer merchandise with cute anime designs to attract more consumers.
2. Fashion - Fashion companies can adopt cute anime characters in their designs, offering a new approach to clothing design during seasons.
3. Animation and Gaming - Companies in the animation and gaming industries can incorporate different animation styles into their projects to create unique visual styles and attract more audiences.