The Glacier Project by PCM Design is a unique and meta way to help the ecosystem with its ecologically-minded collection. The Arctic is melting and global warming is impeding on our glaciers and fresh water supply. The Glacier Project creates candles that resemble little glaciers. When lighting the candle, the glacier shape begins to melt and distort. This action mimics what is happening to the glaciers around the world.
The candle is in fact a metaphorical example of the harm we are putting on our glaciers through the determent of the ecosystem. The Glacier Project candles were created by Brynjar Sigurðarson, in hopes to connect people with our ecological issues through home decor. These aqua blue candles raise awareness and remain a chic way to decorate one's home.
The Glacier Project Creates Glacier-Inspired Candles to Save the Icebergs
1. Climate Change Home Decor - Creating home decor items that promote awareness and concern for climate change.
2. Eco-friendly Candles - Using sustainable materials and production methods to create candles that promote environmental conservation.
3. Metaphorical Candles - Creating candles that serve as a visual representation of environmental issues in order to raise awareness and encourage action.
1. Home Decor - Integrating climate change awareness into home decor items in innovative and appealing ways.
2. Candle Making - Developing sustainable production methods and eco-friendly materials for candle making to promote environmental conservation.
3. Environmental Education - Using metaphorical products, like The Glacier Project candles, to educate and raise awareness about environmental issues in a relatable and engaging way.