The Cloud Restaurant is a stylish small eatery located atop a hill at I-Resort, a vacation destination within the Natural Heritage Area Trang of Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam. Designed by a21studio, the Cloud Restaurant faced considerable constraints around construction due to the location and sensitive surrounding environment.
In order to get around the process of transporting materials to the site and to remain sustainable, a21studio's architects were required to rethink their design process to incorporate the materials already available at the site and repurpose whatever possible.
The roof of the restaurant create an image in which it appears the structure is floating out of the mountain, living up to its namesake. The staggering views and the pool in addition to the natural landscape make this a once in a lifetime dining experience.
The Cloud Restaurant by a21studio Boasts a Phenomenal View
1. Eco-friendly Design - Architects can incorporate sustainable practices by using materials already available at the site and repurposing whatever possible, which results in eco-friendly designs.
2. Location-based Dining - Restaurants can capitalize on location by designing unique and innovative experiences, capitalizing on breathtaking views and natural landscapes.
3. Floating Structures - Designers can create unique and awe-inspiring structures that appear to be floating and seamlessly blend in with the surrounding environment.
1. Hospitality - Hotels and resorts can incorporate location-based dining experiences to attract and retain guests, as well as create eco-friendly design elements in their properties.
2. Architecture - Architects can design eco-friendly, location-specific structures that blend seamlessly with the natural environment, while providing a memorable experience for the occupants.
3. Tourism - Tourism operators can create unique experiences centered around location-based dining and floating structures that appeal to a wide range of travelers.