Sports equipment developer Riddell launches a techy football helmet with a built-in smart system that analyzes impact data in real time to prevent the occurrence of serious head traumas. The product, launched under the name of the 'InSite Training Tool,' consists of the techy football helmet, handheld Head Impact Exposure monitors and "web-based data collection platforms that produce player profiles." In addition, the ITT now creates reports, consisting of "practice plans and training techniques."
The techy football helmet is offered to youth, high school and college teams. The headgear has five zones, from which the technology drives impact analysis from. Each player has an active compiled profile. If the hits to an area exceed a preset threshold, the techy football helmet immediately sends an alert to the coach's handheld monitor.
Riddell's Techy Football Helmet Will Limit Risks of Concussions
1. Smart Football Helmets - The development of smart football helmets that use built-in technology to analyze impact data in real time.
2. Head Impact Exposure Monitoring - The use of handheld monitors and web-based data collection platforms to track and analyze head impact exposure in football players.
3. Player Performance Analytics - The creation of player profiles and the generation of reports, practice plans, and training techniques based on the data collected from smart football helmets.
1. Sports Equipment Manufacturing - Opportunity for sports equipment manufacturers to innovate and integrate technology into their products, such as developing smart helmets.
2. Sports Technology - The sports technology industry can capitalize on the growing demand for impact monitoring and performance analytics tools for athletes.
3. Youth, High School, and College Athletics - An opportunity for educational institutions and athletic organizations to adopt and utilize smart football helmets to prioritize player safety and optimize training.