We've seen a lot of innovation in the past year when it comes to personal protection, especially with regard to tasers.
Taser International is at it again and this time they are sporting a big pair for law enforcement. When you combined two of the most powerful, immobilizing weapons, the shotgun and the taser, you get the Taser X12. Unlike your regular shotgun, this one shoots â€œless-lethalâ€ rounds, essentially taser rounds.
Regardless of what it shoots, shotguns that shoot anything would scare the crap out of me, I'd beg to surrender, heck I'd even handcuff myself.
Another innovation they have come up with is a round called the XREP that can be used in a standard 12-gauge shotgun. Self contained and wireless, the XREP can be delivered at a distance of up to 100 ft. weighing only 2.4 grams and deploying a 20 second shock on its victims.
I'd say this will be a huge benefit for all law enforcement to take down a target from afar in a non-lethal method, say a high risk hostage situation.
1. Innovation in Personal Protection - The Taser X12 combines the power of a shotgun with the immobilizing capabilities of a taser, providing law enforcement with an innovative less-lethal weapon.
2. Advancements in Less-lethal Ammunition - The XREP round for standard shotguns offers a self-contained and wireless solution for delivering a non-lethal shock to targets from up to 100 ft away, revolutionizing law enforcement tactics.
3. Enhanced Targeting Capabilities - The use of taser technology in shotguns allows law enforcement to effectively neutralize high-risk situations and potentially save lives in a non-lethal manner.
1. Law Enforcement - The Taser X12 and XREP rounds present disruptive innovation opportunities for the law enforcement industry by providing new, more effective tools for dealing with potentially dangerous scenarios.
2. Personal Protection - The advancements in personal protection, such as the Taser X12 and XREP rounds, offer individuals enhanced options for ensuring their safety in potentially dangerous situations.
3. Firearms and Ammunition - The integration of taser technology into firearms, as demonstrated by the Taser X12 and XREP rounds, introduces a new category of less-lethal ammunition, transforming the firearms industry.