The 'TAPE' by Oscar Lhermitte has been designed as a desk material for designers that will enable them to keep essential information nearby when brainstorming or creating their next project.
The tape roll consists of a vinyl material that's covered in useful diagrams and information including paper sizes, font sizes, drill bit diameters and more. This will allow designers or makers alike to easily keep essential information pertaining to their work within reach without having to take a break to look it up.
The 'TAPE' was developed by Lhermitte as part of the designer's Quickstarter challenge that consisted of putting together a brief, designing and developing a product in just three months time. The tape itself, although seemingly too functional for everyday use, is suited for packaging thanks to premium adhesive.
Image Credit: Yanko Design
The 'TAPE' by Oscar Lhermitte Highlights Useful Information
1. Desk Information Material Trend - The creation of TAPE suggests a growing trend toward the creation of information materials that are highly visual and useful for designers.
2. Functional Office Supplies Trend - The creation of TAPE suggests a growing trend toward the development of office supplies that serve a dual purpose of decoration and functionality.
3. Quickstarter Challenge Trend - The Quickstarter challenge that led to the creation of TAPE suggests a trend toward design challenges that encourage innovation within a limited timeframe.
1. Graphic Design Industry - The TAPE product has clear applications within the graphic design industry as a tool for designers to maintain essential information within reach.
2. Office Supply Industry - The creation of TAPE suggests a potential innovation opportunity for the office supply industry to develop functional supplies that serve a dual purpose.
3. Crowdfunding Platform Industry - The Quickstarter challenge that led to the creation of TAPE suggests a potential innovation opportunity for crowdfunding platforms to host similar design challenges.