The conceptual 'TAKEME' trike has been designed as a transportation for consumers who require a bit of assistance when going out for a walk or heading to the store. The tricycle boasts a folding design that looks like a traditional shopping trolley unit to make it perfect for carrying essentials when it isn't needed for riding. If the person feels fatigue or has more shopping than they care to pull, the unit can transform into a ride-on vehicle with the shopping container under the seat for optimal efficiency.
The conceptual 'TAKEME' trike is the design work of Kinson Chan, Ronsben Huen and Rice Mak, and is the winner of the Red Doc Design Concept Award for 2018.
The Conceptual 'TAKEME' Trike is Designed with Seniors in Mind
1. Assistive Tricycles - Designing tricycles equipped with assistive features and functionalities to cater to the disabled and aging populations.
2. Multi-purpose Tricycles - Developing tricycles that can serve multiple purposes such as being used as a ride and shopping trolley, promoting efficiency and convenience.
3. Foldable Tricycles - Manufacturing tricycles that can be easily folded and stored, allowing for increased portability and space efficiency.
1. Mobility Industry - The mobility industry can explore designing vehicles with advanced features to help the elderly and disabled populations move more efficiently.
2. Retail Industry - The retail industry can collaborate with designers to create tricycles that can double as shopping trolleys, reducing the need for single-use shopping baskets or bags.
3. Outdoor Sporting Goods Industry - The outdoor sporting goods industry can tap into the rising popularity of tricycles as a mode of transportation and design more innovative and versatile models to cater to consumers with different needs.